The New Testament focuses on five specific rewards, sometimes called crowns, that the faithful will receive at the judgment seat. These crowns represent the kinds of conduct and service that the Lord will reward.
- THE INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN (1 CORINTHIANS 9:24-27, KJV)
The reward for those who consistently practice self-discipline and self-control is the crown that will not fade away.
- THE CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (2 TIMOTHY 4:8)
The crown of righteousness is the reward for those who eagerly look for the Lord’s coming and live a righteous life in view of this fact.
- THE CROWN OF LIFE (JAMES 1:12; REVELATION 2:10)
The sufferer’s crown is given to those who faithfully endure and persevere under the trials and tests of life.
- THE CROWN OF REJOICING (1 THESSALONIANS 2:19, KJV)
The soul winner’s crown is given to those who win people for Christ.
- THE CROWN OF GLORY (1 PETER 5:1-4)
The shepherd’s crown will be given to those pastors, elders, and church leaders who lovingly, graciously, faithfully shepherd and oversee God’s people.